The Top Ten Mistakes People Make when Shopping Online
21 October 2005
More people than ever before are going to be shopping online in the UK this Christmas, but are you going to be shopping safely? Whether you're buying the food and drink for the Christmas party or shopping for Christmas presents, you need to shop safely. Here are the Shopsafe.co.uk "top ten mistakes people make when shopping online":
- Buying from a site that doesn't have a secure server to encrypt your credit card details. Make sure you look for the padlock. You'd be crackers not to.
- Buying from a web site that doesn't have any contact details, or only has a PO Box. Don't leave your common sense under the Christmas tree and buy from a web site you can't get in touch with.
- Buying from a web site that you haven't heard of, or that doesn't display an accredited logo, like the shopsafe.co.uk seal.
- Buying from a web site that sent you an unsolicited email. Like unwanted guests at a Christmas party, don't pay these any attention.
- Buying from the first web site you found without shopping around. There are thousands of web sites, some with great Christmas deals, make sure you find them.
- Not checking the delivery prices and times. Don't buy something for Christmas if the small print says it won't be sent until the New Year.
- Entering the wrong address or card details when you're paying. If that special present doesn't turn up because you didn't give your correct details you'll feel a right turkey.
- Not using a credit card. Credit cards offer more protection than other cards.
- Not printing out your order confirmation. You'll need your order details in case it doesn't arrive in time.
- Going over budget. Shopping online can be so easy, but try to be a bit of a Scrooge!
Shopsafe lists over 2000 top UK online shops in over 30 different categories, including gifts, food and drink, fashion, electrical items, toys and more.
- Shopsafe.co.uk is a web directory listing more than 4,000 personally vetted secure UK online shopping sites.
- Shopsafe is ranked 2nd of all Shopping Directories in the UK by ranking.com and helps over 350,000 unique visitors every month.
- The site monitors and updates discount codes every day as well as emailing new codes to 1000ís of subscribed users
- The website compares the prices of millions of products and has 100ís of Buy Guides and Gift Ideas