Shop online safely this Christmas
30 November 2004
Shopsafe.co.uk, the Online Shopping Directory of Secure UK Shops, reports that only 1 out of every 100 transactions goes wrong. This is down from 3 in every 100 in 2003 and makes shopping online this Christmas as safe as shopping on the highstreet.
Shopsafe.co.uk has a Make a Complaint service, which enables online shoppers to use them as an avenue for defending their rights.
Simon Crisp at Shopsafe.co.uk said, ďIt definitely pays to shop with retailers who have been approved by a safe shopping scheme like Shopsafe.co.ukĒ. Shopsafe.co.uk can resolve most problems to the satisfaction of the shopper just by getting to the facts. In extreme cases shopsafe.co.uk removes retailers from the safe shopping scheme if it has been proved that they are unresponsive to legitimate complaints"
To make sure that shoppers donít fall foul of Christmas online shopping Shopsafe.co.uk has published its annual top five safe shopping tips:
- Use sites you know or are recommended to you
- Always print out your order confirmation including the retailers phone number
- Try and get your goods delivered at a time when you will be there
- Try to order using your credit card it offers you legal protection if your goods don't arrive or against fraud
- Make sure when you are entering your credit card details the website address says https:// at the beginning
- Shopsafe.co.uk is a web directory listing more than 4,000 personally vetted secure UK online shopping sites.
- Shopsafe is ranked 2nd of all Shopping Directories in the UK by ranking.com and helps over 350,000 unique visitors every month.
- The site monitors and updates discount codes every day as well as emailing new codes to 1000ís of subscribed users
- The website compares the prices of millions of products and has 100ís of Buy Guides and Gift Ideas