This Valentine’s Day is good for Budget Conscious Romantics
18 February 2009
£50 million is spent each year on flowers at Valentine’s Day and with over 6 million people every month using Price Comparison websites this year will see big bargains for credit crunched romantics.
65% of men interviewed by Sendsomeflowers.co.uk suspected that florists increased the prices of their flowers for Valentine’s Day.
"The facts just don't support this" said Simon Crisp, director at Sendsomeflowers "We compare the prices of the main online retailers and this year there have been some surprising results. We looked for the cheapest Bouquet of 12 Red Roses including delivery:
1. Valueflora £14.98 for 12 red roses delivery included
2. Marks and Spencer £19.50 for 12 red roses delivery included
3. Asda under £19.50 for 12 red roses delivery included
"Valentine's Day is traditionally a time to splash some cash, and with consumers looking for a bargain they won’t be disappointed online this year" said Simon Crisp.
- www.sendsomeflowers.co.uk is a flower price comparison service owned by Shopsafe.co.uk
- www.flowers.org.uk Flowers and Plants Association say that 3 million people will spend £50 million on flowers this Valentines Day
- Shopsafe.co.uk is a web directory listing more than 4,000 personally vetted secure UK online shopping sites.
- Shopsafe is ranked 2nd of all Shopping Directories in the UK by ranking.com and helps over 350,000 unique visitors every month.
- Shopsafe is based in Darlington, County Durham